Welcome to the Module 1: Stress Management
Stress adversely affects both well-being and overall performance of people. Stress can and should be managed, in order to effectively protect and enhance people mental health.
This module focus to provide the readers with Knowledge in order to evaluate when and how the stress become danger or opportunity? To recognize the need in order to develop a comprehensive approach to prevent or address problems deriving from stress and learn how to reduce the damage done by stress at work by enhancing skills of positive behavior adaptation and addressing the negative effects of stress.
At the end of this module you should be able to :
- Recognize the need in order to develop a comprehensive approach to prevent or address problems deriving from stress.
- Know how an event is perceived as stressor event and the usual personal reaction to stress.
- Recognize if the stress is danger or opportunity? When and why ?
- Implement appropriate control strategies
- Learn how to be Optimist Vs Pessimist and how this affect the way that we manage stress.
- Cope with stressors.
- Learn the Biological Factors – Learn how to be Physically Fit- The process Fight or Flight
- Learn and recognize Behavioral Factors – (Remove – Change – Accept)
- Recognize the Coping Process
- Enhance skills of positive behavior adaptation addressing the negative effects of stress